Awareness days are a great way to tell people about your cause. You can do this through your social media channels, website or even by sending out a topic-related email on the day or holding an event to mark the occasion.
Fundraising experts are predicting that building relationships with donors is going to be an increasing focus for charities during 2023. So sharing information and educating people on these days is important and will not only build awareness but also help to form longer-term relationships which can result in support and giving.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your day:
- Share information about your cause and use the day to educate and inform people. This is all part of relationship building.
- Plan what you are going to share and where you will share it. NPTechforGood has some great tips for planning a campaign.
- Share how people can donate and make sure it is easy for people to give.
- Make sure you use the relevant #hashtags on the day to help people find you more easily and ask your supporters to share your content.
- Try using donate stickers on Instagram stories. They are not yet widely used but worth experimenting with. Donation stickers last 24 hours unless the user adds the story to their highlights section. You can see some examples in UK Fundraising’s article ‘Now UK charities can use Instagram donation stickers’